TOPORZYSKO A GOOD PLACE FOR TOURISM.
First supplied documentary evidence mentions about TOPORZYSKO come from with XVI c, when the lively settled activity led the house of The Jordans. It is about 60 km.of Cracow and 1.4 km of Jordanów.During of the Austrian annexation this region was exceptionally poor and used by invader. The countryhouse with the court garden be comprised, came into being in XVIII as a terrace landscape garden about free arrangement, laid on the slope with the Divine Mother's stone figurine among trees.With the moment of explosion the II World War this place was occupied by Germans. In this time owner left to Great Britain.There are the XVIIth c. the granary, wooden manor of the same period, inn and " garden lounge", annexe as well as the horse gear. Different economic buildings stood along the road,on the western side of the garden. Trees' compact massif and the garden closed from this side of shrubs. Age of the majority trees' lets to suppose, that the park came into beginnings XIXc., the no matter how the block form the interior of the park lets to suppose, that they are then the traces of the Italian garden of XVIIIc.. At present, no except the Divine Mother's figurine there are no building objects. This place has got a lot of picturesque places for tourism cycling. .Here are some photos of this place. It is a perfect place for the horse riding and if you like fishing you will find a perfect place for fishing too
Jordanów is the oldest city of administrative of The Suski district. In 1564 the king Zygmunt August gave the privilege on the foundation of the city. Wawrzyniec Spytek Jordan from Zakliczyn was the founder of the city(1518-1568) and the city just descends its name of hisfounder’s surname.
INTERIOR OF THE CHURCH
Settlement was sytuated near the crossing of the routes: from Cracow and Wieliczka ( saline track) by Myślenice on Orava and Hungary as well as the route through the Valley Skava until to Silesia. In 1581 it , got right yearly fairs, which were very well-known in the south part of the Crown in XVII c. There was sold cattle there, canvas as well as salt. In 1939 r. neighbourhoods of Jordanów were the place of fights of the 10 Brigade of Cavalry as well as the local population with the German armies . The city became strongly destroyed during the the II World War and rebuilt after the war.
Jordanów at night.jpgClick on this link
THE TOWN HALL